POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Which upgrade would help the most? : Which upgrade would help the most? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:30:10 EDT (-0400)
  Which upgrade would help the most?
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 21 Jul 2000 03:46:11
Message: <39780071.5F9A93E5@home.com>
I have been saving up for a new, "killer", PC, well sorta killer. I
currently have the following:

PII 400
128MB RAM
Creative TNT1 Vid card
8Gig HD
2NIC's
Winmodem
SoundBlaster Live! Platinum
CambrideSoundWorks DTT2500 Digital Speakers
17" NEC MultiSync 70 Screen

I am going to get the hollowing:

PIII800
128-256MB RAM
Asus V6800 Deluxe Vid Card
40Gig HD
DVD drive
(The rest of the stuff will be the same)

Whichm upgrade the CPU or the RAM would give me the biggest boost in
Pov-Ray? Or an I already at the point where I would not notice any
difference? If that is the case I might get a larger monitor?

Oh yeah I use Moray to model ALL my scenes, so that is another
consideration, I also use Rhino 3D a lot.

--
Come visit my web site:-) : http://www.geocities.com/~thomaslake/